2018 Florida-bred and Florida Sires Stakes Incentives News
Summer/Fall: FSS and Florida-bred Stakes Incentives at Gulfstream Park/Tampa Bay Downs:
(Click to view)
Florida Sire Stakes kicks off at Gulfstream
Florida Sire Stakes Up Again in Participation
FTBOA Excited About $1 Million Race Day For Florida-Breds at Gulfstream Park
FSS and Florida-bred Stakes/Incentives at Gulfstream – Summer/Fall (check back frequently for additions)
Yearlings - May 15 - $250
(or November 15 - $500 or January 15 - $5,000)
2-Year-Olds - January 15 - $250 *
(or February 28 - $500)*
* Previous yearling payment must have been made
Last Chance Payment
You have the option to pay $10,000 by May 1 of the horse's two-year old year regardless of any previous payment (the horse must not have started)
Stallions - February 15 - $2,000
(or August 1 - $3,000 or November 15 - $10,000)
BOUGHT AN FSS YEARLING?
A horse may be listed as eligible in a sales catalog because the deadline was not missed at that point. Check to make sure the yearling payment was paid (see below by birth year) or contact FTBOA at 352-629-2160. Note there is still a 2YO payment also due.
* All terms of Florida Sire Stakes (FSS) races, including the number of races, purse levels, race conditions, racing dates, and the host track, may change from year to year and may change at any point after the FSS racing schedule for a particular year is announced.
FOALS of 2019
Register a Stallion for 2018
FSS Nomination form (Yearling payment due May 15, 2020; and 2-year-old payment due January 15, 2021; addtl. deadlines on form)
FOALS of 2018
2017 FTBOA Registered Stallions
FSS Nomination form (Yearling payment due May 15, 2019; and 2-year-old payment due January 15, 2020; addtl. deadlines on form)
Out-of-State Foal Eligibility
The FTBOA Board of Directors, at its regularly scheduled meeting on April 29, 2016, approved an expansion of the Florida Sire Stakes program that would make out-of-state foals eligible to participate in FSS stakes races under the following conditions:
• The horse must be sired by an FTBOA-registered Florida stallion that has paid double the FTBOA Florida stallion registration fee for the year the foal was conceived.
• All FSS eligibility payments must be made for the horse, at a rate double what would otherwise be paid for an FTBOA-registered Florida-bred, per the FSS payment schedule.
• The horse will race for 50% of the purse in each FSS stakes race. Currently (2016), the FSS stakes schedule includes a three-race series for 2-year olds (with a division for colts and a division for fillies) and races are typically held the first Saturday in August, September, and October.
This policy change responds to numerous member comments received in a variety of forums, the vast majority of which supported expanded FSS eligibility for out-of-state foals by Florida stallions. As members may recall, starting with the foals of 2012, the FSS program transitioned from a track-based program of 30 years administered by Calder Race Course to a new program administered by the FTBOA.
FOALS OF 2017
FSS Payment Form
FSS Eligible – Foals of 2017 – YEARLING PAYMENT MADE – as of August 3, 2018 (Questions please call FTBOA at 352-629-2160)
FSS Eligible – Foals of 2017 – ALL PAID – as of August 3, 2018 (Questions please call FTBOA at 352-629-2160)
2016 FTBOA Registered Florida Stallions
FOALS OF 2016
FSS Eligible – Foals of 2016 – as of July 12, 2018 (Questions please call FTBOA at 352-629-2160)
FSS Payment Form
2015 FTBOA Registered Stallions for foals of 2016
FOALS OF 2015
FSS Eligible – Foals of 2015 – as of April 4, 2018 (Questions, please call FTBOA at 352-629-2160)
2014 FTBOA Registered stallions
FOALS OF 2014
FSS Eligible – Foals of 2014 – as of March 23, 2016 (Questions, please call FTBOA at 352-629-2160)
2013 FTBOA Registered Stallions for foals of 2014
FOALS OF 2013
FSS Foals of 2013 Final Eligibility List
2012 FTBOA Registered Stallions for foals of 2013
FOALS OF 2012
FSS Foals of 2012 Final Eligibility List
2011 FTBOA Registered Stallions for foals of 2012
THE FLORIDA HORSE ARTICLE - Florida Sire Stakes feature and 30 –year history of the Florida Stallion Stakes