2020 Florida Sire Stakes Program
Check out the Summer Florida Sire Stakes
Gulfstream Park Additional Supplements 2020
-2-year-old maiden special weight FSS purse supplements
- For the 2020 meet, up to twenty $5,000 win-only purse supplements are offered for 2-year-old maiden special weight races restricted to FTBOA registered Florida-breds and FSS eligible. Purses for supplement races are divided equally between colts and fillies.
-The $1 Million Florida Derby (G1) has a $100,000 win-only supplement for FSS eligible Florida-breds.
-The $250,000 Gulfstream Oaks (G2) has a $25,000 win-only supplement for FSS eligible Florida-breds.
- Six stakes races for 2-year-olds and one stakes race for 3-year olds and up (Details TBA - August, September, October)
Tampa Bay Downs Additional Supplements 2019/2020
-$10,000 FSS Win Supplements on each of the six stakes races on Florida Cup day.
-$50,000 FSS Win Supplements – Inaugural Stakes, Sandpiper Stakes, Pasco Stakes and Gasparilla Stakes
-Two stakes race for 3-year-olds (details TBA – December)
*FSS stakes supplements vary each calendar year.
DEADLINE IMPORTANT UPDATE 2020!
May 15, 2020 - $250
May 16, 2020 - August 15, 2020 - $275
or August 16, 2020 - November 15, 2020 - $500
The Executive Committee of the FTBOA Board of Directors met on Tuesday, May 12. In light of the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on public thoroughbred sales in Florida and across the country, the Executive Committee voted to add another payment option for the Florida Sire Stakes (FSS) yearling payment deadline for 2020. The current yearling deadline is May 15, 2020, for a payment of $250.
The Executive Committee decided to change the $500 late yearling payment that would otherwise have been in effect from May 16 forward and to reduce it to only $275 for payments made from May 16 through August 15, 2020. This new deadline will fall after the OBS sales now scheduled for June and July in order to help those owners who had horses in the cancelled sales. The FSS late yearling payment of $500 will be in effect for payments made from August 16 through November 15, 2020.
Yearlings - May 15 - $250
(or November 15 - $500 or January 15 - $5,000)
2-Year-Olds - January 15 - $250 *
(or February 28 - $500)*
* Previous yearling payment must have been made
Last Chance Payment
You have the option to pay $10,000 by May 1 of the horse's two-year old year regardless of any previous payment (the horse must not have started)
Stallions - February 15 - $2,000
(or August 1 - $3,000 or November 15 - $10,000)
BOUGHT AN FSS YEARLING?
A horse may be listed as eligible in a sales catalog because the deadline was not missed at that point. Check to make sure the yearling payment was paid (see below by birth year) or contact FTBOA at 352-629-2160. Note there is still a 2YO payment also due.
* All terms of Florida Sire Stakes (FSS) races, including the number of races, purse levels, race conditions, racing dates, and the host track, may change from year to year and may change at any point after the FSS racing schedule for a particular year is announced.
FOALS of 2021
2020 Florida Stallions
FOALS of 2020
2019 Florida Stallions
FOALS of 2019
2018 FTBOA Registered Florida stallions
FSS Nomination form (Yearling payment due May 15, 2020; and 2-year-old payment due January 15, 2021; addtl. deadlines on form)
FOALS of 2018
FSS Eligible – Foals of 2018 as of 5/5/2020
2017 FTBOA Registered Stallions
Out-of-State Foal Eligibility
The FTBOA Board of Directors, at its regularly scheduled meeting on April 29, 2016, approved an expansion of the Florida Sire Stakes program that would make out-of-state foals eligible to participate in FSS stakes races under the following conditions:
• The horse must be sired by an FTBOA-registered Florida stallion that has paid double the FTBOA Florida stallion registration fee for the year the foal was conceived.
• All FSS eligibility payments must be made for the horse, at a rate double what would otherwise be paid for an FTBOA-registered Florida-bred, per the FSS payment schedule.
• The horse will race for 50% of the purse in each FSS stakes race. Currently (2016), the FSS stakes schedule includes a three-race series for 2-year olds (with a division for colts and a division for fillies) and races are typically held the first Saturday in August, September, and October.
This policy change responds to numerous member comments received in a variety of forums, the vast majority of which supported expanded FSS eligibility for out-of-state foals by Florida stallions. As members may recall, starting with the foals of 2012, the FSS program transitioned from a track-based program of 30 years administered by Calder Race Course to a new program administered by the FTBOA.
FOALS OF 2017
FSS Eligible – Foals of 2017 – All Paid as of 5/08/2019 (Questions, please call FTBOA at 352-629-2160)
FSS Payment Form
2016 FTBOA Registered Florida Stallions
FOALS OF 2016
FSS Eligible – Foals of 2016 – as of July 12, 2018 (Questions please call FTBOA at 352-629-2160)
FSS Payment Form
2015 FTBOA Registered Stallions for foals of 2016
FOALS OF 2015
FSS Eligible – Foals of 2015 – as of April 4, 2018 (Questions, please call FTBOA at 352-629-2160)
2014 FTBOA Registered stallions
FOALS OF 2014
FSS Eligible – Foals of 2014 – as of March 23, 2016 (Questions, please call FTBOA at 352-629-2160)
2013 FTBOA Registered Stallions for foals of 2014
FOALS OF 2013
FSS Foals of 2013 Final Eligibility List
2012 FTBOA Registered Stallions for foals of 2013
FOALS OF 2012
FSS Foals of 2012 Final Eligibility List
2011 FTBOA Registered Stallions for foals of 2012
THE FLORIDA HORSE ARTICLE - Florida Sire Stakes feature and 30 –year history of the Florida Stallion Stakes