Florida Sire Stakes Program
Florida Sire Stakes Program Eligibility Form
Yearlings - May 15 - $250
(or November 15 - $500 or January 15 - $5,000)
2-Year-Olds - January 15 - $250 *
(or February 28 - $500)*
* Previous yearling payment must have been made
Last Chance Payment
You have the option to pay $10,000 by May 1 of the horse's two-year old year regardless of any previous payment (the horse must not have started)
Stallions - February 15 - $2,000
(or August 1 - $3,000 or November 15 - $10,000)
BOUGHT AN FSS YEARLING?
A horse may be listed as eligible in a sales catalog because the deadline was not missed at that point. Check to make sure the yearling payment was paid (see below by birth year) or contact FTBOA at 352-629-2160. Note there is still a 2YO payment also due.
* All terms of Florida Sire Stakes (FSS) races, including the number of races, purse levels, race conditions, racing dates, and the host track, may change from year to year and may change at any point after the FSS racing schedule for a particular year is announced.
FOALS of 2023
2022 FTBOA Registered Florida Stallions
FOALS of 2022
2021 FTBOA Registered Florida Stallions
FOALS of 2021
2020 Registered Florida Stallions
FOALS of 2020
2019 Florida Stallions
FSS Eligible – Foals of 2020 as of 5-19-2022
FOALS of 2019
FSS Eligible – Foals of 2019
2018 FTBOA Registered Florida stallions
FOALS of 2018
FSS Eligible – Foals of 2018 as of 8/20/2020
2017 FTBOA Registered Stallions
Out-of-State Foal Eligibility
The FTBOA Board of Directors, at its regularly scheduled meeting on April 29, 2016, approved an expansion of the Florida Sire Stakes program that would make out-of-state foals eligible to participate in FSS stakes races under the following conditions:
• The horse must be sired by an FTBOA-registered Florida stallion that has paid double the FTBOA Florida stallion registration fee for the year the foal was conceived.
• All FSS eligibility payments must be made for the horse, at a rate double what would otherwise be paid for an FTBOA-registered Florida-bred, per the FSS payment schedule.
• The horse will race for 50% of the purse in each FSS stakes race. Currently (2016), the FSS stakes schedule includes a three-race series for 2-year olds (with a division for colts and a division for fillies) and races are typically held the first Saturday in August, September, and October.
This policy change responds to numerous member comments received in a variety of forums, the vast majority of which supported expanded FSS eligibility for out-of-state foals by Florida stallions. As members may recall, starting with the foals of 2012, the FSS program transitioned from a track-based program of 30 years administered by Calder Race Course to a new program administered by the FTBOA.
FOALS OF 2017
FSS Eligible – Foals of 2017 – All Paid as of 5/8/2019
2016 FTBOA Registered Florida Stallions
FOALS OF 2016
2015 FTBOA Registered Stallions for foals of 2016
FOALS OF 2015
FSS Eligible – Foals of 2015 – as of April 4, 2018
2014 FTBOA Registered stallions
FOALS OF 2014
FSS Eligible – Foals of 2014 - as of March 23, 2016
2013 FTBOA Registered Stallions for foals of 2014
FOALS OF 2013
FSS Foals of 2013 Final Eligibility List
2012 FTBOA Registered Stallions for foals of 2013
FOALS OF 2012
FSS Foals of 2012 Final Eligibility List
2011 FTBOA Registered Stallions for foals of 2012
Florida Sire Stakes Champions 1982 to 2014
THE FLORIDA HORSE ARTICLE - Florida Sire Stakes feature and 30-year history of the Florida Stallion Stakes